- Did you expect the legal services sector to change so drastically when you started working in it?
To be honest yes I did, in fact I had hoped that we would of made larger strides to where we need to be by now. There are a lot of good (and underutilised) tech products on the market to help the legal services sector now but don’t get me wrong there is still along way to go before we get it right. I am extremely happy to meet an increasing number of solicitors recently who are willing to embrace technology and willing to bring their firms to the forefront of the change curve.
- What has been the key positive or negative impact of the liberalisation of legal services?
That’s a good question; I definitely see any liberalisation as a positive for the legal services sector. Currently there are ways for the modern conveyancer to stand head and shoulders above their competitors but they do need to think outside the box and avoid the beaten path.
- Who inspires you and why?
My late Granddad always inspires me; he was a fantastic business man and remained a gentleman of his word no matter how successful he got. One of his biggest wins was a contract for his engineering firm to do all the plate welding for the Sinclair C5’s. Now obviously the C5 wasn’t the success that Clive Sinclair had hoped but my Grandad’s firm did very well out of it. In fact GetMeMoving recently purchased a C5. It’s currently being modernised and turned into a promotional vehicle for a bit of nostalgia – as well as a tip of the cap to my Granddad.
I also spent a lot of time working with Russell Quirk (CEO of Emoov). His passion to change the estate agency sector was infectious and ultimately inspired my passion to change the conveyancing sector. He makes it his mission to know everything there is to know about the property market and that’s a commendable trait in anyone.
- Have you had a mentor? If so, what was the most valuable piece of advice given to you?
I’ve not really had a mentor per se, however I always strive to take bits from everyone I meet who are doing something well or different.
The best piece of advice I can give anyone, and often do is: ‘you do you’. Every business ‘guru’ or motivational speaker out there will have you believe that the only way to be successful is to listen and follow their every word. There are two things I can assure you of: firstly, the only thing that will make you successful in business is hard work, and secondly; you need to find your own path, no matter how difficult it can become at times.
- If you were not in your current position, what would you be doing?
Your guess is as good as mine – although I would definitely be running a business of some sort. I have always had a passion for business and love to push boundaries for improvement.
Wayne Gallant is Co-Founder & CEO of GetMeMoving
- Modern Law Magazine Interview with Wayne Gallant -CEO of GetMeMoving - December 12, 2018
- Conveyancing Horror Stories reported to the Legal Ombudsman - November 14, 2018
- Let’s be clear! - November 5, 2018
- UK Property Market Predictions - October 11, 2018
- Why you need to future proof your business - October 7, 2018
- Know Your Business - September 13, 2018
- Business Supporting Business - August 30, 2018
- Communication is Vital! - August 17, 2018
- Moving Pitfalls to Avoid - June 22, 2018
- GetMeMoving are announced as the sponsors for The National Conveyancing Firm of the Year Award - June 15, 2018